(This is provided for information purposes only. FileTime provides basic information ONLY. Due to several reasons, the information provided may have changed or can be different in certain circumstances. Contact the court for clarification).
- Credit Cards Accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Discover - No American Express
- Court is integrated - Case data will be provided for existing cases.
- Court is not charging $2 cost recovery fee.
- Multiple lead documents per filing are allowed.
- Multiple filings in a submission are allowed.
- The clerk does provide eCitations. More information here.
- Per Case Management System Requirements; "All information entered into eFileTX.gov portal must be in ALL caps"
- Case Information Sheet should be submitted as a separate filing.
- Exhibits should be combined into a single PDF (must not exceed 35 megabytes) with bookmarks separating the contents. Pages should be numbered per Maria Sanchez (Dallas County District Clerk) on 6/15/2015.
- Citation Requests, Copies and the like are under Optional Services and as Filing Codes as a separate filing.
- If the Citation Request is required, it can be downloaded from http://www.dallascounty.org/department/districtclerk/downloadableforms.html
- The filer can request copies as an optional service to be attached to the citation.
- The addresses of the plaintiffs are required. The address of the defendants are required.
- In preparing an Original Petition all parties should be listed.
- Proposed orders can be filed as a lead document or an attachment.
- Motions should be filed as a lead document.
- Exhibits should be combined into a single PDF (must not exceed 35 megabytes) with bookmarks separating the contents. Page numbers are required. NOTE: The lead document and attachments should be combined into one PDF.
- Per Dallas County Civil District Court Supervisor (Carla Gilkey) - Affidavits that are attached to a cover letter on an attorney's letterhead is not accepted; in this instance the affidavit must be submitted as a lead document.
- Also, affidavits can be filed as an attachment to a notice. Any questions; the court request that you contact them.
When combining documents, multiple documents pertaining to a single filing should be combined into a single PDF with bookmarks separating the content, unless the resulting document exceeds EFM's size limit for documents of 35 megabytes. For example, the lead document and attachments should be combined into one PDF; and/or pleadings with exhibits should be combined into one PDF. The contents of the one PDF document that includes exhibits or appendices should contain bookmarks
For detailed information on Dallas County District Courts New Local Rules for Civil Court, the following web address has been provided:
Case Information Availability
This jurisdiction’s Case Management System, (CMS) is fully integrated into the State eFiling system. When you are making a subsequent eFiling into an existing case for this jurisdiction your case should be available in the eFiling system and your case information will be automatically imported.
If the case is not found, please recheck your search criteria. If the system still does not return your case, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact the State eFiling system and jurisdiction to correct the issue.
Updated by Kenny Williams 4/7/2016