This is provided for information purposes only. Due to several reasons, the information provided may have changed or can be different in certain circumstances. Contact the court for clarification).
- Credit Cards Accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and AMEX.
- Court integrated - Case data will be provided for existing cases.
- Court is not charging the $2 cost recovery fee.
- Attachments are allowed.
- Multiple lead documents per filing are not allowed.
- Hyperlink on document(s) submitted are not allowed.
Civil Process Request form: www.hcdistrictclerk.com/common/FORMS/pdf/cpr.pdf
- 2017 Vacation Letter http://www.hcdistrictclerk.com/Common/Forms/pdf/Attorney%20Vacation%20Form%202017.pdf
- Case Information Sheet should be submitted as an attachment to the lead document.
- Select New Case Filings under Document Category for the lead document for most original petitions.
- Exhibits should be submitted as attachments to the lead document.
- Upload the Civil Process Request form as an attachment to the lead document to request citations. Choose Service Requests as the Document Category.
- Order and pay for Citation Requests, Copies and the like are under Court Services.
- The addresses of the plaintiff are required. The addresses of the defendants are required.
- In preparing an Original Petition all parties should be listed.
- Items not needing a file stamp should have a cover letter as the lead document.
- Motions should be filed as a lead document.
- Upload proposed orders as attachments to the lead document (a cover letter containing the court and cause number). Select Notice or Orders/Judgments as the Document Category.
- Notice of hearing much be submitted as a lead document.
- Request citations by completing and uploading the Civil Process Request form as a lead document. Choose Service Requests as the Document Category.
- Order the citations and copies under Court Services.
Case Information Availability
This jurisdiction’s Case Management System, (CMS) is fully integrated into the State eFiling system.
When you are making a subsequent eFiling into an existing case for this jurisdiction your case should be available in the eFiling system and your case information will be automatically imported.
If the case is not found, please recheck your search criteria. If the system still does not return your case, please send an email to email@example.com. We will contact the State eFiling system and jurisdiction to correct the issue.
The complete document title must be entered in the description field of the lead document ,word for word as it appears on the pleading, on the document upload page. Since eFileTexas limits the document name to 50 characters, type the exact name of the document and continue typing until the max characters are reached.
If the name of the file exceeds 50 characters, after you upload it FileTime provides you the opportunity to rename the document.
- A - The FileTime warning that the document name exceeds 50 characters.
- B - Revise the document name in this area.
- C - The character counter tells you how many characters are in the name. The document name can actually only contain 46 characters as it must end with .pdf (4 characters).