How many attempts does the FileTime Fax Service make?
Our fax service makes a varying number of attempts, depending on what the issue is that is preventing the fax from going through.
Here is a list of possible issues with a fax service and how we handle those:
- No Answer (i.e. the fax is turned off): one retry after one minute
- Busy: 4 retries (5 minutes, 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 40 minutes)
- No Dial Tone: 4 retries (1 minute, 5 minutes, 5 minutes, 5 minutes)
- Receiver Hangup (i.e. human answers): 1 retry after 1 minute
- Transmission Failure: 2 retries (1 minute, 1 minute)
After the final attempt if the complete fax was not sent, FileTime sends you an email to alert you that the fax service failed