Question: I need to pay a court filing fee of $195.00 to the 5th district court of Appeals. How do I do this?
Answer: The following answer applies to paying court fees in any jurisdiction through an eFiling. It also presupposes that you have already filed the document but somehow this was done without the fees being paid at the time of filing. In other words, we are assuming here that in this specific instance you are not filing a court document... just paying an outstanding fee to the court.
- First, create a cover letter in which you state that the purpose of this submission is to pay an outstanding court fee of $XX.XX ($195.00 in this specific instance).
- Then begin an eFiling in the normal manner.
- Select No Fee Documents as the Filing Code.
- Upload your cover letter as the lead document.
- Under Additional Court Services select court services that total $XX.XX ($195.00 in this specific instance). Since most jurisdictions charge $1.00 per page for copies, most clerks will tell you to select Copies and select a number of copies that totals the fee you need to pay (195 copies at $1.00 each in this specific instance).
- Complete your submission in the normal manner.